The Community Games county finals will take place this Saturday and Sunday in Ardattin field. There will be NO training on Friday night, training this week will take place on Thursday 7-8pm instead. We will be focussing on relays so please try to have all children attend so that they can practice with their team.
Saturday: All children are requested to participate in the Community Games Parade. It is an important part of the day and very enjoyable for the children.
- All Slaney Valley participants are requested to meet at our tent (Green) no later than 9.15am on Saturday morning. Assembly 9.30 for parade.
Athletic Gear will be provided (for all athletes taking part in individual events). We will provide gear for as many others as we can for the parade also. All children can wear their own black shorts and white socks. If you have any gear from last year PLEASE return it ASAP. We ask that all gear be returned on Saturday before leaving the field. It will be washed and given out on Sunday to those participating in the semi-finals/finals on Sunday. Each year a number of jersies “go missing” so we ask that everyone co-operate with our request not to bring jersies home on Saturday evening. Children should therefore bring their own t-shirt to change into.
- When the parade is finished all children must return immediately to the tent as races will start directly after the parade. No parents allowed on the running track only managers.
- Parents are asked to listen out for races, field events and relays and keep the children close to the tent so they do not miss their event.
- The normal procedure is U6’s first then U8, 10, 12 ETC. U6 and U8 will be finished by lunch time (approx 1pm) on Saturday but may have to come back Sunday. This year all U14 upwards events will take place on Sunday (except Long Puck, Long Jump and Bike Race). Field events will be called out so please listen. See notice board for approximate schedule.
- There will be a break for lunch (approx 1-2pm) and the races will resume after, however some field events may take place during lunch.
- Please leave a contact number if your child gets through to Sunday in case of any changes in times etc.
- If your child is not going to participate/ for queries please contact Deirdre 087 1171881 or Martina 087 9960357 as soon as possible.
- Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
Yours in Sport, Barry, Deirdre, Siobhan, Lorraine Martina & Mim.
Carlow Community Games County Finals Schedule
Please note this schedule is approximate and subject to change.There will be a charge for adults both days. Children are free. There will be NO PARKING in the field on the day, please follow signs
9.15 Meet at tent
9.30 Assemble for parade
Races: Heats and Semi-finals U6 andU8
Relays for U6 and U8 (Finish by approximately 1pm) Finals on Sunday.
Ball Throw, Turbo Javelin approx 11am, Long Jump (u14) approx 2pm
Lunch 1-2pm (some events may continue through lunch)
U 12, U14 Bike race approx 2pm on main track
All U10, U12 races
Relays: U10, 12
NOTE: All races from U14 upwards (except bike race and U14 Long Jump) will take place Sunday.
Field events: Javelin, Long Jump U12- TIMES TO BE CONFIRMED
After Lunch: All finals: U6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 including relays, marathon and middle distance races.