Carlow County Community Games Finals June 23rd & 24th in Ardattin Field
The Community Games county finals will take place Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th in Ardattin field. There will be NO training on Friday 22nd training will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday the 19th and 20th, 6.45-7.30 u6&u8 . 7.30-8.30 u10+ on both days.. We will be focussing on relays so please try to have all children attend so that they can practice with their team.
Saturday 23rd: All children are requested to participate in the Community Games Parade. It is an important part of the day and very enjoyable for the children.
- All Slaney Valley participants are requested to meet at our tent no later than 45am on Saturday morning to assemble for the Parade.
- Athletic Gear will be provided (for all athletes taking part in individual events). We will provide gear for as many others as we can for the parade also. All children can wear their own black shorts and white socks. We ask that all gear be returned on Saturday before leaving the field. It will be washed and given out on Sunday to those participating in the semi-finals/finals on Sunday. Each year a number of jerseys “go missing” so we ask that everyone co-operate with our request not to bring jerseys home on Saturday evening. Children should therefore bring their own t-shirt to change into.
- When the parade is finished all children must return immediately to the tent as races will start directly after the parade. No parents allowed on the running track only managers.
- Parents are asked to listen out for races, field events and relays and keep the children close to the tent so they do not miss their event.
- The normal procedure is U6’s first then U8, 10, 12 ETC. U6 and U8 will be finished by lunch time (approx 1pm) on Saturday but may have to come back Sunday. Field events will be called out so please listen.
- There will be a break for lunch at 1.00pm approx and the races will resume after, however some field events may take place during lunch – times to be confirmed.
- Please leave a contact number if your child gets through to Sunday in case of any changes in times etc.
- If your child is not going to participate/ for queries please contact Deirdre 087 1171881, Barry 087 9197559 or Martina 087 9960357 as soon as possible.
- Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday 23rd.
Carlow Community Games County Finals Schedule
Please note this schedule is approximate and subject to change.
There will be a charge for adults both days. Children are free.
There will be NO PARKING in the field on the day, please follow signs
8.45 Meet at tent
9.00 Assemble for parade
Races: Heats and Semi-finals U6 andU8
Relays for U6 and U8 (Finish by approximately 1pm) Finals on Sunday.
Ball Throw 11.30am approx, Turbo Javelin 10.30. approx. & Long Jump u12 2.00pm approx., U12 Long Puck Boys 1.00pm, U14 Girls Long Puck 1.30pm.
Lunch 1-2pm (some events may continue through lunch)
U 12 long jump
All U10, U12 races & U14 Girls 100 Girls 100m
Relays: U10, 12
Field events u16 discus 9.30, u16 high jump 10am, u14 javelin 10am, u14 shot 10.30am, u14 long jump 12noon
11am Semi-finals & U 14 events
Bike races will be before lunch.
After Lunch: All finals: U6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 including relays and middle distance races.